Friday 19 October 2012

NaNoWriMo

I first heard of National Novel Writing Month, otherwise known as NaNoWriMo, last year and I was impressed by the amount of people who managed to complete it. The idea is you write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November. You have to submit it for verification at the end of the month and if they confirm you've reached the target you'll get an 'I'm a NaNoWriMo Winner,' badge.

National Novel Writing Month

There's also a rebels version which you can enter if you can't comply with the full rules. So, for example, if you've already started writing something but need encouragement or a goal to help you finish it, then you use the 50,000 word target to complete it and get your Rebel verification.

NaNoWriMo Rebel

When I turned my mind to deciding whether I would try it this year, I still had a long way to go with The Glass House and thought I might use the Rebel target to spur me on. Instead, I got into the mood and wrote until it was completed. So, now I'm in a dilemma. Do I try to write something for it this year? Do I have the energy or motivation to do so, after completing The Glass House? Or, do I forget about it this year and concentrate on polishing The Glass House? Decisions, decisions.

Whatever I decide to do I want to wish everyone going for it in November the best of luck and hope there's a new bestseller or award winning book lurking out there for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment