Monday 8 October 2012

I'm Addicted

52,000 words in and my laptop has become a new limb. Why is it when you get into the flow of writing a story you can't leave it alone? Even when I stop, I'm thinking about where a scene will go next, listening to conversations play out in my head, working out the transition from one stage to another.

It's an addiction. So, what happens when the final words are drawn from you? Do you feel satisfaction at completing your story or do you miss the characters and long to be back with them? Maybe we should have a Writer's Anonymous to help us through it, especially to move from the writing to editing phase and worse still to help us distance from it when we open it up to crit sites or editors.

4 comments:

  1. Yep, you are addicted! Your head is full of words and stories are created! Wonderful!!

    BTW this is Val <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val, it's a very satisfying addiction and I'm looking forward to finding out where this MS takes me. It's throwing some surprises at me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never get over it. Even if you stop writing books, you find yourself writing little stories in your head, around something that's happening. Just go with it and enjoy, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I'm Kerry and I'm your newest follower, great blog
    Here is my one
    http://scottishmama.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete