Monday 15 October 2012

A Good Feeling

Over 76,000 words, 240 double-line spaced pages and 40 chapters, the first draft of The Glass House is complete. It's the second manuscript I've finished and I feel very satisfied having written that final word.

It's taken me by surprise. My first pitch for it suggested the main character would be Caitlin and the story would centre around her relationship with her sister, Niamh. I had a third female character planned, Chloe. Her name has changed to Ellie and she's gone from a minor character who created a situation Niamh and Caitlin needed to get out off, into a central character who helps drive the plot. I'm going to need a new pitch.

1 comment:

  1. Writers start with an idea, but the characters decide how the story will go Congratulations on finishing your first draft!!!

    ReplyDelete