Wednesday 10 October 2012

My First Meme

I've been tagged in a meme through the BritMums blogging network I belong to. My first one, so here's hoping I get it right.


These are the rules I've been given:
- choose 5 other deserving blogs with less than 200 subscribers to nominate and link their blogs in your post.
- post 5 random facts about yourself

- tell your nominees you have chosen them for this award by leaving a comment on their blogs
- answer the 5 questions the tagger has asked you and ask your own 5 questions to the people you nominate
- no tag backs

5 random facts about me:


1. I run a business from home boarding small animals and have a mini zoo of rescue pets.


2. I was born with Coates Disease and as a result lost my left eye when I was two.


3. I got one of the highest grades in the UK for Part 1 of the Trading Standards Diploma and was presented with an award for doing so at the annual Trading Standards Conference.


4. For the first time in about twenty years I own a bike again, after buying myself one in the January sales - and I'm loving getting out on it.


5. I'm from Northern Ireland, and moved back after our first child was born, but I lived in England for eleven years.


The questions I've been asked by The Mums To Do List are:



1. How would you like your blog to develop over the next year?
I didn't set out with a long term plan when I began blogging so this is a good question. Made me think about the future. As the blog is about my writing and musings I suppose, ideally, I'd like to see it follow the process of writing manuscripts, braving criting and submissions and, if life were perfect, finding and agent and publisher who wanted to take a chance on me. Achieving that would help another wandering mum find a new path.

2. What time of day do you blog?
I often prepare the blog posts in advance, especially those with photographs, when I have peace to concentrate on them. So, that's either in the morning when the kids are at school or at night when they've gone to bed.

3. Have you any regrets in terms of what you have done as a parent so far?
Regrets as a parent. That I've still not learnt the art of great patience.

4. What would be your ideal job if you could change job/return to work/start work?
I was a solicitor before I had my children and it was a job I studied and worked hard for. I would like to get back to it in some shape or form. My dream job would to be an author, something I'd secretly dreamt of since gaining praise from a fabulous English teacher many, many years ago.

5. How do your family feel about your blog?
Generally, they are supportive. My mum likes to look through the pictures, my husband's there when I need someone to talk through the techie side and my children are itching to get some of their own stories onto it.

I've chosen to tag:

http://www.mummysonthewine.com
http://www.moors-mummy.blogspot.co.uk/
http://theoliversmadhouse.wordpress.com/
http://3childrenandit.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.mummeblog.com/

and an extra tag: http://www.everyoneelseisnormal.com/

And the questions for them are:

1. If you have a favourite author why does their writing appeal to you?
2. What's your favourite activity to do as a family?
3. Why did you start blogging?
4. When blogging which do you think is more important: quantity or quality?
5. What's your favourite part of the day?




3 comments:

  1. Thank you for passing on the meme, its been lovely to read your answers x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesa - some great answers! I am struggling with mine now! Gets you thinking doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lesa - great meme, how lovely doing such great work with animals x

    ReplyDelete