Monday 12 November 2012

The Editing Begins

The Glass House has been under the microscope of a book-club-type review group for the last two weeks. I was nervous, especially given I'd put a first draft in front of them. If they hated it there was a chance it would knock my enthusiasm for the story.

I'm pleased that none of the reviews were negative and excited that those who read the whole first draft were particularly positive, saying they saw commercial viability, lots going on in the plot and with the characters. They enjoyed it and picked up on the themes and twists, some offering to read it again when the edits are complete. It needs some work, as you'd expect with a first draft, but the editing process starts in earnest now.

Perhaps this post should be a challenge to myself? Get it tightened up and start submitting to agents in the new year. An early New Year's Resolution?

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! I hope you find a publisher. Just getting in the publishing door is so difficult.

    ReplyDelete