Tuesday 6 November 2012

Glass House/Greenhouse

One of the inspirations behind my new MS, The Glass House, was my own love of gardening. I was given my Grand-Mother's greenhouse after she died. I have lots of memories of her working in her garden and growing her own fruit and veg and I'm happy to think she passed that hobby on to me. Her greenhouse had lain unused for some years, when her health failed, so when I moved it to my house, got it cleaned up and back in use, I'd like to think it would please her to see another generation get the benefit of it.

It's not a grand Victorian Glass House, like Caitlin's but I do enjoy spending time pottering around in it and get great satisfaction from the produce I can grow in it. So, I thought I'd share some photos of it.

The photos are taken in different summers and in different locations as I've moved house once since I gained the greenhouse and, of course, there was no way I was leaving it behind.

The snow covered picture, shows it looking all together different, during one of the worst winters I can recall.






No comments:

Post a Comment