Friday 15 February 2013

Your Theme Tune

I was asked on The Next Big Thing blog hop about who I'd like to see act the roles in The Glass House.

I suspect there are plenty of writers out there who dare to let the mind wander; have a little daydream about your story in print and on the big screen.

It got me thinking about theme tunes.

My first completed novel length MS, Twisted Truth, is a romance. It tells the story of Charlotte and Mark, their coming-of-age, the disappointments that tore them apart and what happens when that first love is reignited over a decade later. I've always been able to hear The Undertones and Teenage Kicks play in the background to that story.

The Glass House is women's fiction, revolving around the lives of three women and the turmoil they are thrown into when a blackmailer finds a use for Caitlin's Victorian Glass House. Sticking with the Northern Irish theme, I'd choose Snow Patrol's Open Your Eyes.

Have you thought about theme tunes and if so, care to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment