Tuesday 11 September 2012

Just Keep Moving...

Conscious that autumn is arriving, the nights getting longer and days getting cooler, a bright and dry start today drove me to get the bicycle out again. We're lucky enough to have easy access to the tow path which runs by the canal from Newry (County Down) to Portadown (County Armagh) and villages along the route give ideal opportunities for start points and destinations. I went from Scarva to Poyntzpass, which took me via Acton Lake.

It got me wondering - what inspires you to get out and about, take some exercise, enjoy the sights? Is there something about your local area you particularly enjoy or wish you had better access to?





More information can be found on the cycleni website:
http://www.cycleni.com/110/newry-canal-towpath/

3 comments:

  1. You are so right. The minute the sun shines, we can do no better than get outside in it and make the most of the fresh air and green stuff! We'd all feel so much better if we could do that every day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Mummy, I know what you mean and I can cope with the cold in winter, just hate the wet stuff, although the kids still love biking in the mud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bore easily, so I like a lot of scenery, things to look at and keep me interested.

    ReplyDelete