Monday 3 December 2012

Beginning To Feel A Lot Like...

It's that time of year again.

As a parent, I'm normally very organised when it comes to Christmas and, whilst I usually veer far away from ornaments, I love Christmas decorations.

This year I'm finding it harder to find the spirit and had done very little shopping or thought about the decorations. I got myself geared up this weekend and dragged out the trees (all 5 of them) and the decorations. I left the children to decorate their own small trees in their bedrooms and gave them the baubles to decorate a little fibre optic tree in our family room. I turned my attention to the remaining two - one for our drawing room and the big one in the hallway. We used to have a real tree but since moving to a house with under-floor heating, we discovered it doesn't agree with the real version so that year I ended up buying a bigger artificial tree before Christmas was over.

I'm not particularly into collecting things or cluttering up the house with trinkets, but two things I look for on my travels abroad are shot glasses and tree baubles. I was quite sad to discover my Elvis-styled Santa from Las Vegas is now missing one ceramic hand but he's still gracing the tree with his cream and red jumpsuit.

I've even succumbed to the statistics and added another shopper to the Mega-Monday numbers. Now I need to turn some attention the rest of the long-list. Sorting out the house for the visitors we'll have staying with us this year, finish off the present-shopping, wrapping, card-writing and the dreaded food shopping. Not much left then!

As December is now upon us I hope wherever you are in the world, whether you celebrate Christmas or not, that your holiday is a fun one and not too stressful.

A taste of our festive decorating:

Christmas Tree

Decorated Fireplace




Elvis Santa

After publishing this post I discovered that BritMums are doing a blog hop for Christmas: BritMums Christmas Blog Hop

2 comments:

  1. Very festive! We have greatly reduced the 'stuff' to do at the holidays, since we haven't had a young child in the house. When daughter lived at home, though, we filled the stockings, bought lots of presents, started Christmas with a special breakfast, etc. It is a lot of work, but fun and worth it while the kids are home. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came via the blog hop. Enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete