Friday 17 August 2012

Like so many women around the world, I've read the Shades trilogy and like so many I have mixed feelings about it. No-one can deny the popularity the series has been greeted with but some have reservations about the writing and there are some things in the book that I personally became irritated with, the constant references to her inner goddess and his happy trail, among two of them.

I have also read book one in The Crossfire Trilogy by Sylvia Day, Bared To You. Book Two, Reflected In You, is out in October. I found Sylvia Day's writing so much more fluent and skilled. Someone else commented to me that they thought all the characters were much too good looking, too perfect on the outside. I think that's part of the theme in the story. The two main characters are drawn to each other but both have painful experiences in their past that disrupt the relationship. Scratch the surface of some of these beautiful people, with affluent lifestyles and all the trappings they could wish for, and you'll find plenty of ugliness.

Novelicious published their review of Bared To You today and for anyone who liked Shades but found it a bit lacking, I'd recommend they check it out.

Novelicious Review: Bared To You

No comments:

Post a Comment