Monday 23 July 2012

Nightmare

Well, I've suffered it, the moment every writer dreads. Pushing the big shiny on button to find nothing happens. I watched as the screen on my window to the world lit up and within seconds died. Maybe I did something wrong? So, I tried again, with the same result. After the tenth attempt I had to admit I was in trouble, my laptop was not cooperating. Then the panic set in. When was the last time I did a back-up and what did I back-up? Frantic searching revealed a memory stick with one complete (out-of-date) version of a completed novel and nothing else.

I'm able to sit in front of my iMac and continue to smile thanks to the help of Disk Warrior and an external hard drive that now contains all the files I thought I'd lost.

Lesson learnt: back-up every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment